Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Peter M Sims has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Peter M Sims has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
Dr. Peter M Sims is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
I love Dr. Sims. I saw him for 7 years as a teen and he really was amazing. He worked with me through some difficult things. I see an adult psychiatrist now and have not had a doctor since that had a connection with me the way he did. Even when I went 1000 miles away to college he made time for phone appointments whenever I needed them. He also worked with my college counselor to make sure I was on the best track for being successful at school.
My husband and I took our precious 9 year old son to this creature and I was immediately attacked by this man for an unknown reason. I feel he has serious inferiority issues with women. He talked incessantly about himself and I had to leave the room to cry eventually because of his verbal attack. He never even heard about the issues our son was having. HORRIBLE experience. I would "NO" star if possible on last four categories. What a goober. We, of course, did not return.
C F Menninger Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter M Sims is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Vestavia, AL.