Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Peter B Slabaugh
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA, with another office in Berkeley, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Slabaugh is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Slabaugh has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
horrible dr. came in after 2hr wait. in 3 minutes took my mri claimed to have reviewed it and said that I should walk more don't need meds or surgery. the same mri was used to determine I needed a esi in jan 2015. im pretty sure he was mad because after 145 mins we asked whats taking so long. I had been in er the day b4 for 6 hours exhausted and in terrible pain. he very rude even standing and screaming at me saying im on all kinds of meds im only on 3 and they r for three different things toradol inflammation, Percocet 4 pain, and nortriptyline to block pain signal from brain to back. he said he was calling my primary to take me off meds. ranting unstable man. I was crying upset and disgusted when I left. said I need mental health care? told him I had a head on car wreck trust me its my back not my head. and im not the one ranting and screaming. im college educated worked two jobs and went to school b4 my wreck including working in the pharmacy. don't let someone misdiagnosis bother u there are 2 millions people in the US mis or undiagnosed each yr.
He seems like a very talented doctor, yet very jaded, lazy even. He didn't take the time to do X-rays of my back (I guess I just wasn't hurt enough for him). He only did a visual inspection of my back, while my sports bra was still on... I guess he didn't need to look at the part of my back that hurts the most. He sent me home telling me to exercise more. I told him that it hurts too much to do the exercise required and that's why I was there to see him. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone I care about.
I received standard care from Dr Slabaugh. I thought he was extremely inconsiderate of his patients. He was two (yes two) hours late for my appointment. His staff commiserated by admitting that this was not unusual.The waiting room was packed, with not enough seating. This was an orthopedic office! No place to elevate a leg, no coffee or drinks, not even a decent magazine.I don't care how good a surgeon he might be; I'll never go back to him.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Slabaugh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter B Slabaugh, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Oakland, CA, in this video.
Dr. Peter B Slabaugh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.