Dr. Peter Snitovsky Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Peter Snitovsky?

Posted on February 10th, 2016

Hid wife works at the front desk and is extremely rude. After making a huge mistake on my work release date, instead of an apology, she had Scott (staff member) call my cell phone to threaten and harass me. I was shocked!!! This office should not be practicing medicine.

Patient Care

Posted on July 6th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Snitovsky by my physician for acute pain in my right hip and difficulty in walking. Prior to my appointment an x-ray was done which was normal. Dr. Snitovsky reviewed a Xerox copy of the x-ray with me and stated that it showed a hip fracture. He explained the urgency of the need for hip pinning surgery and he promptly ordered a same day MRI. He did a cursory assessment of my hip mobility and sent me on my way without any sort of precautions regarding activity, weight bearing or medication for pain for a "fractured hip". I had to request pain meds at the reception desk. Dr. Snitovsky called the following day with the "good news" that the MRI was negative for a hip fracture. So, he ordered and made arrangements for another MRI of the lumbar spine for a "possible herniated disc". The appointment was 8 days later. During this time I had continued acute pain and difficulty in walking. There was no treatment plan or follow-up by Dr. Snitovsky or his staff as to my progress or pain situation. There was no advice as to how to treat the pain while waiting for tests and results, i.e. icing, resting and anti-inflammatory medications. I was self medicating and treating. After this second MRI, I repeatedly called Dr. Snitovsky while he was in the office for test results, but he did not take my calls and disregarded my messages. I never received a call regarding the MRI results of the spine and to this day there has been no follow-up. He just abandoned me! Dr. Snitovky's patient care skills are appalling and unacceptable. I did not receive proper care from this physician and was misdiagnosed. I do not have a hip fracture and do not have a herniated disc. I was very disappointed in the lack of care, follow-up and general disregard of me as a patient by Dr. Snitovsky. I do not recommend him to any potential patient!

Good surgeon but awful office manner

Posted on June 26th, 2013

I met this doctor in an emergency situation. I have to thank this doctor for saving my index finger. He is a good surgeon but awful in the office. His communication skills are awful. His staff has massive turnover and they seem angry at the patients. His physicians assistant is not very bright. Most often during visits a routine visit that should take 25 minutes will take 2 hours due to Dr. Snitovsky's unprofessional time management. He even showed up 45 minutes late to my second surgery. He is ALWAYS triple or quadulple booked. He always passes you off to his staff and you will only get a few minutes with the doctor. DURING ONE VISIT HE LEFT AND WENT TO THE STORE TO BUY A TOOL TO ADJUST THE BAR ON MY FINGER!!! NOT TO MENTION THAT VISIT LASTED 3 HOURS!!! Please avoid this doctor at all costs. The only time he followed up with me is when I told him I was going to another doctor. This doctor only sees his patients as dollar signs I was very displeased with this doctor. And now the more time passes and with him being ineffective I lose more movement in my finger. THANKS DOC!!!

Posted on August 13th, 2011

So far I have been to his office three times, and the longest wait was about 45 minutes. Perhaps like many other doctors, the time he spent with me may be brief, but certainly to the point. He operated on my left leg to fix my fractured fibula and tibia. That was three weeks ago, and I've had two follow up visits. So far there are no complications, and I am recovering well. Also, the staff are professional, friendly, and caring, and I am grateful to them as well as the doctor. Therefore, I recommend Dr. Snitovsky.

Look elsewhere....

Posted on September 10th, 2010

He may be a good surgeon but his communication skills are abysmal. His office staff is unfriendly and not helpful at all. I had to wait for two hours for my last appointment for a quick two minute consult. Forget about getting a phone call or any communication returned unless its about money. Search far and wide before you consider him.

Dr is Good but....

Posted on September 5th, 2010

He has absolutely no support from his office staff or his clinical support staff. They either don't give him messages or he chooses not to communicate with patients. His office staff gives the appearance of not caring and have poor communication skills.

Excellent doctor

Posted on July 29th, 2010

excellent bedside manner...even better surgeon

Mrs

Posted on July 16th, 2010

Thanks to this dr i have full use of both arms and hands.my left shoulder was messed up bad,i lost use of that ar,had carpal tunnel in both hands and 2trigger finger and cyst in right hand.this is a very gifted surgeon. he was my dr at forrest hills othro pedic group in NY.

Posted on March 24th, 2016