Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Takacs
Dr. Peter Takacs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA, with another office in Miami, FL. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Takacs is affiliated with Phtjackson Memorial South, Jackson South Community Hospital and Cedars Medical Center. Dr. Takacs has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Takacs has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Peter Takacs has the following 13 expertise
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Peter Takacs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Great bedside manner!
es el mejor medico que puede existir.humano, sabe escuchar y entender el problema de su paciente, si existieran 20 medicos mas como peter takacs fuera el mundo de la medina perfecta...ama su profecion,,,,a diferencia de otros medicos,,,lo unico que siento es que lo perdi como medico se me fue para otro estado. chicas tienen una oportunidad de oro,,,,tienen el medico mas brillante que pueda existir.....no he encontrado un medico que llene su espacio.....
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Takacs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Phtjackson Memorial South
Jackson South Community Hospital
Cedars Medical Center
Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Jackson Memorial Hospital
University of Miami Hospital Medical Staff
University of Miami Hospital & Clinics
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Faculty
23 Years Experience
University Of Debrecen Medical And Health Sciences Centre
Graduated in 1992
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Peter Takacs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Takacs in this video.
Dr. Peter Takacs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.