Dr. Peter Tang Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Peter Tang?

Beware

Posted on December 8th, 2017

My recent experience with this doctor was horrible. My problem is not related to a broken bone and not easily diagnosed. He did not want to take the time to understand my condition, symptoms or history. When attempting to discuss the problem with this doctor, he became irate. Yelling at me that he did not like my attitude. He threatened to have me physically removed from the office. He opened the door of the exam room and told me to leave or he would have me escorted out. Then he started yelling for security. Unbelievable. Days later and I am still in shock. Please think twice before considering this doctor for your care.

ZERO PEOPLE SKILLS

Posted on October 11th, 2017

He has ZERO people skills. Out of 7 surgeries he never came to speak to us but 1 time! He'd send someone else that didn't have info & they'd tell us they'll look at his dictation once transcribed & get back to us. The 1 time we saw him he tried to disregard me & my questions and I had to force the issue. He insisted my husband must have been on heroin when he passed out even though he knew he was prescribed Vicodin (they both appear the same on urinalysis). He then sneakily got him to go to a pain management doc that told him please don't do heroin, you’re a nice guy and I'd hate to see you go down that road. WTF. I question how well he knows his field honestly with all the surgeries he's had to have. Was it for the money? At least 3 of them not much progress was made if any. They took his staples out too quickly in my opinion with nothing to replace it. He had a big area of fresh tissue stapled in & then a muscle flap on top of the new tissue. The new tissue attached to his arm has done very well but the muscle flap came undone. Shouldn't they have secured it temporarily in a different fashion? I'm no doctor but what did he expect to happen with a piece of muscle that wasn't attached to anything & hadn't adhered to the surrounding flesh - which was also trying to adhere to the rest of the arm?

Excellent care

Posted on September 26th, 2017

I had went to see Dr. Tang's for a right hand injury I had at work. I fortunately did not have to have surgery. Dr. Tang and his group was very efficient and his group of girls that worked the clinic and clerical areas were great! They were all caring and understanding to my concerns! I would recommend Dr. Tang to anyone!

Posted on June 24th, 2016

Would highly recommend Dr. Tang and his staff. Have had 3 surgeries with him and all were successfully.

Terrible Manners and Listening Skills

Posted on May 3rd, 2016

I was referred to Dr Tang for a hand injury. He spent no time actually checking to see what was wrong, deciding that my pain was entirely psychological. He refused to acknowledge that I may have had any physical damage. I went for a second opinion, where I had an MRI scan on my hand. I'm glad I listened to my instincts, because it turned out I have a fracture AND a torn ligament. I would never recommend Dr Tang to anyone. His bedside manner is terrible and he discounts what your own body is telling you.

Posted on July 9th, 2015

Has been curtious and anxious to help me return to a normal life still. Had a terrible fall from a ladder, and needed various surgeries. Thank you Allegheny General for a wonderful doctor and staff. I highly recommend Dr. Tang

very bad bedside manner

Posted on February 19th, 2013

The only word that comes to mind to describe Dr. Tang is "mean." He seemed to recommend surgery as a preventive option even though not currently needed. I'd look for another doctor. Staff and intern couldn't have been nicer.

Get A Second Opinion

Posted on January 29th, 2013

Dr. Tang recommended surgery (and nothing else) for a fairly simple problem. I got a second opinion, and am glad I did. My problem did not require surgery to address. (A previous reviewer mentioned he was rude. This sounds about like the experience I had. Dr. Tang was dismissive--to the point of irritation--when I asked if there were any non-surgical options for treating my problem. I guess anything other than doing surgeries doesn't make him enough $$.)

rude, rude, rude

Posted on April 27th, 2012

He was completely rude and impatient with me for what he diagnosed as tendonitis. He made me feel stupid when I asked follow-up questions, and acted like he had better things to do - as if my injury was trivial. And, notably, he did not have any plans on seeing me again to check on my progress. His staff and intern, on the other hand, were lovely.

Mis-diagnosed my problem

Posted on February 13th, 2012

The doctor spent very little time with me, did only some basic tests of my hand strength (did only very limited tests of my hand mobility, did not take an X-ray) resulting in his mis-diagnosing my problem. He recommended I go to physical therapy 3 times a week, which was unnecessary. Luckily my problem is not very serious, and it is on the way to being resolved, but this because I was lucky enough to find someone good after Dr. Tang. If this is the quality of care for something simple, what can one expect with a serious condition? His office was ok and the staff were nice.

Posted on May 11th, 2017