Dr. Peter Trent Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Trent?

Ruined my life

Posted on April 21st, 2016

I suffered a Trimalleolar ankle fracture 2 years ago. I had emergency surgery the next morning performed by Dr. Trent. I did not know him, hospital set it up. Well I just had my 3rd ankle surgery 4 weeks ago, still trying to correct pain and problems! (I transferred pretty quickly to an Ortho surgeon in Annapolis). Dr. Trent did not place screws in properly, therefore one completely sliced my Posterior Tibial Tendon as I tried to recover through the following months. There was also a tendon rupture that was was not diagnosed when he did ORIF surgery to correct broken bones. Would never recommend him. He sent me home with no cast and I had well over 45 staples in my ankle, where I was later told stitches should have been used. It was the most painful experience of my life. Learn from my mistake, always research who is going to perform surgery that is so important. I so miss my former active life, without always hurting!

WORST WAIT TIME EVER! Dr. Trent is great though

Posted on April 9th, 2015

THE WORST WAITING TIME EVER!! I didn't get seen till after 4 hours!!! RIDICULOUS.

Excellent Dr.

Posted on July 24th, 2013

Dr. Trent is a very knowledgeable and sincere orthopedic surgeon. He took care if me for almost a year after a car accident. He thoroughly examined me and sent me to the appropriate places for tests and therapy. Very good bedside manners and would sit down and talk with me every time I'd come in for follow up. Great doctor!!!

better office workers and office manager

Posted on January 30th, 2012

dr trent is a excellent ortho. surgeon and has very very very goog bedside manner. and in his offie visits he takes time and sit and talks to yhou about your situation. and asks you about how you feel about and whatyou think he can do to make you feel better as far sapainy

Dr. Narscissus

Posted on June 15th, 2011

Okay, I'm used to doctor's with big egos, and it's always annoying, but this doctor brings it to an entirely new level. Not only did he spend more time looking at himself in the mirror behind me than looking at me when he talked, but he was completely unable to listen to my accounting of the events and symptoms that had brought me there, and did not carefully review the xrays and ultrasound images I'd brought from the hospital. He made up his own opinion based on his physical exam of me (10 days post acute event). I found him to have horrible bedside manner, a condescending know-it-all attitude (without searching for any empirical evidence), and that really unnerving habit of continually looking at himself in the mirror. I am definitely going for a second opinion and do not plan to return to this doctor. Ever.

Will not return

Posted on April 28th, 2011

Wait time is ridiculous. The first time I waited over an hour to be seen. The second time I left after an hour and 45 minutes. Dr. Trent is very pleasant but I will not return.

The courtesy and profesionalism of office staff VERY POOR

Posted on February 18th, 2011

I recently injured my ankle and was in the care of my mother whom I had to work my scheduled appointments around. When scheduling my post op visit I called the alexandria office and was on hold for 10 to 15 minutes, four times due to disconnects and placing me on hold to get other calls. After the fourth attempt to get the receptionist to simply take my appt. I asked please dont put me on hold again I simply need you to just give me an appt. the reaction was very rude and unprofessional. She began talking about me to her other staff member and making rude comments about me while on the phone with me. They first told me not to come to the office in alexandria because there were steps to get up and it would be difficult to get up with crutches and a fractured ankle to go to the oxon hill office which was two of the calls I made only to be put on hold immediately so they could answer other calls coming in after mine. I am sorry but this seems to be alittle confusing that a Dr. specializing in injurys to the bones would have steps when 99% of patients are disabled. Finally, the day of my appointment I came from Fredericksburg Va. to Alexandria quite a hike to find out I have NO APPOINTMENT.. this I know for a fact was done intentionally by the receptionist who answered the phone and became very aggrevated, rude and extremely unprofessional when making my original appt. Purposely, she didnt list my appointment because she was aggrevated that I asked for a specific time and date which she found I guess not acceptable to her. Fortunely there was another nurse there that day who was accomodating and put me in for an appointment for that day and time. Again, my appt was set for 1:45, I was finally seen at 4:30 due to the Dr being held up at his Washington office. The receptionist never once let anyone know what was going on and that the Dr. was going to be delayed. She was extremely rude, unprofessional and has NO BEDSIDE MANNER AT ALL....truly doesnt belong in this type of profession. I found her to be quite scary, mean,and just plain ugly in her demeaner and representation of this office. The fact that she would deliberitely no schedule an appointment because she was offended by my approach of asking for a specific time and day is no acceptable and against the standards of the medical field of a caring profession.

Unprofessionalism @ offices in Alexandria and Oxon Hill

Posted on July 26th, 2010

Dr. Trent operated on my aunt and did an okay job, but his office in Alexandria isn't handicapped-accessible, his staff is arrogant, and the facility woefully out-dated. 2nd follow-up we went to Oxon Hill. Our wait was OVER 4 HOURS, the facility a shambles, and others in the waiting room said long waits are standard. Dr. Trent shrugged it off. We've changed doctors!

care and concern

Posted on April 20th, 2010

great doctor , very concern about his paient, take time to listern to every detail about ur medical problem, know excactly whats wrong after test and u telling him your medical problem, very nice and down to earth doctor who really cares and not just there for the money and is there for you

Marvelous!

Posted on January 22nd, 2010

It is clear that Dr. Trent is a very well-respected Doctor in Orthopedic surgery from the many people who continually choose to entreat him to resolve their injuries.Dr. Trent provided me with precise information on my condition, it's effect upon future movement, and viable solutions to benefit me the most into the future. I was able to make an informed decision about what options were best for me, thanks to Dr. TrentHis bedside manner is excellent!He even seriously answered my last minute questions immediate to surgery.

Posted on April 19th, 2017