More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter Vaccaro has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Dr Vaccaro used to be my husband's pediatrician and is now my 2 daughters' pediatrician. We couldn't possibly ask for better service. He always makes himself available and takes the time to thoroughly examine his patients and explain everything in detail. Don't know what we'd do without him as our pediatrician.
Dr. Vaccaro is a very good doctor, a little snarky, but he knows his stuff and is not an over-medicator. He is very good with kids and my children adore him, never scared to go see him. His staff, on the other hand, can be a bit curt and rude. I also don't like how you can never speak to the doctor on the phone. The nurse/receptionist tells you to tell them your problem, then they tell the doctor, then the doctor tells them, and then they call you back. Can't I just talk to the doctor for 3 minutes? I also agree with the other review that says you never know when the heck they're in the office or not. They have a big sign in the office that says they're open on Thursday, but when you call on Thursday the answering machine says they are closed. Parking is also a bit tough as it is all Muni-Meter parking by his office and sometimes you don't know how long you'll be there. It can be a pain. But I do like that he is not part of a group. I hate group practices. The downside is sometimes the doctor who covers for him is some lady who does not speak English very well and she is hard to understand. But all in all he is a good doctor.
I moved recently to another state and am sad to look for a new pediatrician! Dr. Vaccaro is amazing. He put up with me for 9 years... always nervous and always asking questions. He was never frustrated. He never rushed me. He was ALWAYS available to call me back when I was in need. My children love him and want to drive many hours back to NY to visit him which is not realistic! I am just so glad he got us through the early years.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2011, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Peter Vaccaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPeter Vaccaro Md, 15012 14th Ave Ste 201, Whitestone, NY
Dr. Peter Vaccaro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitestone, NY.