Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Peter K Van Peteghem
Peter K Van Peteghem is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 21
Prior to my back surgery I had been given 10 years to live due to paralytic scoliosis caused by childhood polio. My surgery with Dr. Van Peteghem promised to extend my life 30 years (and that I would be able to walk my four year old daughter down the aisle). Now, 32 years later I am still pain free and next summer will FINALLY get to walk my daughter down the aisle. After 16 hours of surgery, two Luque rods, bone grafts, a body cast and two weeks in a circle-electric bed, I was given a life where I could work, garden, raise three kids and now also enjoy my retirement years.
In 2011 I had an L4/5 lumbar fusion due to degenerative spondylolisthesis with Dr. VanP at Kaiser. 1) He takes the time in a calm, clear and non-condescending way (not always true with other doctors) to explain the diagnosis and options. I had done extensive research and knew quite a bit already so we were able to have a productive interaction. 2) He is a very easy going, humble and pleasant person. 3) He gave me realistic options and likely outcomes and gave his recommendation (less extensive than some other doctors I consulted) based on my lifestyle (active) and needs. 4) He works at Kaiser, has done hundreds of back surgeries and works with other doctors who have done thousands in total so the depth of institutional knowledge about what works is great. 5) My outcome was great. No more sciatic pain and a retired life doing more than lying on the floor for hours. 6) Highly recommended by nurses I talked with candidly. This is the guy they would want. Also recommended by a friend who has surgery done by him. 7) Kaiser has many good back surgeons, Dr. Van P. is one of the best.
Over 20 years ago Dr. Peteghem performed complex C Spine surgery on my neck. I truly believe I would have spent the rest of my days in a wheelchair had it not been for this gentleman. I hope all who have studied under him recognize the privilege and opportunity they have had to learn from his skill sets. I still am doing well because of his abilities. To this day, when physicians inquire about my neck they are in awe at what was accomplished so many years ago.
Peter K Van Peteghem accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3600 Broadway, Oakland, CA
Peter K Van Peteghem is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.