Dr. Peter G Vandeerlin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter G Vandeerlin?

Couldn't have picked a better doctor for my procedure.

Dr. Van Deerlin is top notch!

Dr. Van Deerlin is one of the best doctors that I have dealt with. I was diagnosed with two large (about 10 cm each) fibroids. Although they were in positions that would make it difficult to take out (and keep my uterus) Dr. Van Deerlin was confident that he would be able to take them out. The whole process was very good with him calling me and checking up on me. He was also very willing to answer all of my many questions. He did my myomectomy taking out TEN fibroids. He did it with a horizontal incision instead of a vertical incision (amazing, given the location and number of fibroids). I would definitely recommend Dr. Van Deerlin to anyone seeking to remove uterine fibroids. He is a good doctor and a caring person.

Never going Back

I was referred to Dr. Vandeerlin by a fertility specialist in Newark, DE. Red flag went up when I called to make my appointment and they asked about my insurance before they asked my name. The staff was kind enough to call me the day before my appointment to confirm that I was going to be able to make it. They even walked me thru the online registration. So you can imagine my surprise when I went to the appointment and found out Dr. Vandeerlin wasn't in the office. The staff was pushing me off to another Dr. I am in medical need, was referred to this man, and was mislead to believe that I would see him the day of my appointment. Never mind the fact that I had to take time off work, drive over an hour There is no way I am trusting my health with an establishment that wasted my time, traded out my choice of Dr. for someone I had no information about, and was not even courteous enough to call me and let me know that Dr. Vandeerlin doesn't keep his commitments to his patients.

Robotic Myomectomy

Hello all- I recently had a Robotic Assisted Myomectomy and I have to say I am very pleased with the results! I was initially referred to Dr. Van Deerlin and the South Jersey Fertility Center by my gynecologist when I went in to discuss options for removing large uterine fibroids (they were as large as a 4 month pregnancy!). I was initially told my chances of having the Robotic option were not good given the advanced state of the fibroids (they had been growing for over two years!) I was worried I would have to go with the regular laproscopic myomectomy which would have been a 6-8 week recovery (something I couldn't afford since I couldn't take that much time off work). Then I met with Dr. Van Deerlin- he was amazing during my first consult with him! He was extremely informative and walked me through the process from beginning to end. I felt like I had an open forum with him where I could discuss my questions and concerns. I asked if I was a viable candidate for the Robotic surgery (which I was told by another doctor it was unlikely), and he was very positive despite the large size of the fibroids that I was still a good candidate based on his level of expertise and experience with this surgery. He assured me I would only be recovering for about a week! Let me just take a moment to add that his Marlton office is gorgeous. The South Jersey Fertility office in Marlton is very well taken care of- it is inviting and super clean. It looked brand new. I had the surgery done at Virtua Voorhees and that hospital is just out of this world and the people on staff are super caring and attentive (I'll leave that for another review). Doctor Van Deerlin was great with the follow up leading up to surgery and especially afterwards, making sure I was OK and that I had the proper meds for recovery. I was extremely nervous the day of surgery and he just has this way about him with his demeanor and the way he speaks that is just very soothing. He really puts you at ease. It helps when you have a doctor that knows what he's doing and has the credentials to back it up. His bedside manner couldn't be taught. I am very pleased with the surgery. His incisions were great- I have very minimal scarring! 3 months after the surgery they just look like dots on my stomach (there are 5 incisions for the Robotic arms). Let me tell you the best part- I was, in my mind, completely healed in less than a week! Those first 2 days after the surgery are pretty bad in terms of trying to move but stationary pain was very minimal and I didn't bleed at all. While Dr. Van Deerlin would probably not agree with this move, I was at the gym 6 days after surgey ( ;-) ), that's how great I felt! I am extremely pleased with the results! I told him it felt like I had liposuction because I went from a 4 month pregnancy look to having a flat stomach again and I could fit into jeans I couldn't wear before!! It was a great feeling. I am happy to know that I can finally have the chance at children (which I was told was near impossible before the surgery due to the fibroids) and it's all because of Dr. Van Deerlin. Now that I have waited the recommended 3 months I will definitely start trying. I will recommend him to any and everyone. What a great doctor!