The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Brown
Dr. Peter Brown, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Brown is affiliated with CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus, Henrico Doctors' Hospital and BON SECOURS St. Francis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Peter Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
BON SECOURS St. Francis Medical Center
Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
John Randolph Medical Center
Bon Secours - St Marys Hospital Of Richmond
St. Mary's Hospital
VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
Hanover Outpatient Surgery Center L.P.
46 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Peter Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Surgical Associates, 417 Libbie Ave, Richmond, VA
Dr. Peter Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.