Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Waldron
Dr. Peter Waldron, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlottesville, VA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Waldron is affiliated with UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, University of Virginia Medical Center and Rector and Visitors UVA Health Sciences Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Waldron has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Peter Waldron has the following 10 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Dr. Peter Waldron has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter Waldron is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Waldron is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
University of Virginia Medical Center
Rector and Visitors UVA Health Sciences Center
University of Virginia Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2 Latrobe Ct, Charlottesville, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Waldron in this video.
Dr. Peter Waldron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.