Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Yi
Dr. Peter Yi, MD, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Philadelphia, PA . He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Yi is affiliated with Graduate Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System and Hospital of the University of PA. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Yi has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Peter Yi has the following 5 expertise
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Palliative Care
Dr. Peter Yi is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Peter Yi is unfit for patient care. I've seen him twice; first appointment went smoothly, though he did a paltry job of explaining medications' side effects & timing. At 2nd appt, I explained that I had to increase my dose to perform my job, which I am losing due to upcoming surgery, and Yi threatened to withdraw me from pain meds completely. This risk was never explained to me. After expressing that I was in incredible pain and wished to seek non-narcotic methods of relief, I began to cry in frustration. Dr. Yi stared at me in silence, refusing to hand me a box of tissues. He put me on a sleep aid, and when I asked what kind of drug it was, he repeated the name 4 times, never expressing its origin or side effects. Yi abruptly left the room shortly thereafter and never returned, even after I requested his presence to answer my list of questions. Yi blatantly refused to address my concerns. I was ushered out despite voicing ample discomfort with my treatment plan. Disgusting treatment.
Dr. Yi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Hospital of the University of PA
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
University Medical Center At Princeton
10 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Yi in this video.
Dr. Peter Yi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.