Dr. Petra M Lukoschek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Petra M Lukoschek?

Excellent caring physician

Would never leave her.

Location Change

Note Dr. Lukoschek is now practicing at NYU Langone Medical Center phone (646) 754-2100.

Recommend wholeheartedly

She always returns your call promptly and spends a lot of time with you. She can be a bit crusty at times, but she's an excellent physician.

I've been cared for by this group since 1980's. Although my original Doctor returned home out of state, he was replaced by a brilliant doctor.

Current Patient

Finally found a great Primary Care doctor in NYC, accurate diagnosis, first doctor that noticed issues that no other doctor mentioned. I was called and mailed my results as requested. Office submitted insurance information correctly.

no bedside manner

I had an appointment that i will never have again.When a doctor takes a prescription pad out for medicine before blood work has confirmed it is needed is not good.This doctor has a problem with over weight patients.When my session was over, I felt degraded,wanted to cry.Never got a chance to tell how hard i was working to loose weight,i did loose inches,all my blood numbers were down from previously tested which was not mentioned,I would not refer my over weight friends.

Intelligent but Difficult

Dr Lukochek once impressed me with her no-nonsense, intelligent and direct manner. I have become increasingly frustrated with her inability to listen (she likes to do all the talking) and her lack of empathy for my need to ask questions and advocate for myself. Furthermore, she can be condescending in her attitude toward patients as though she is frustrated by our lack of understanding medicine as thoroughly as her. Dr Lukoschek is also very busy. Too busy, it seems, to care for the patients she has already taken on. This is typical of doctors today, not just her, but it is not acceptable. I will not be returning to her.

I've been seeing Dr. Lukoschek for a few years now. It's always been difficult to make an appointment with her unless I waited months and I'm NOT exaggerating. I usually accept seeing the PA for physicals etc. The last time I was told I had to wait a few months I asked to see a different doctor and just switch. All of a sudden they scheduled me to see the dr for a physical within a week. I've seen her regularly since then and every visit I've been treated condescendingly. I agree with another reviewer. She talks down to the patient and doesn't seem to like to spend time getting to know a patient. She's got no patience and no patient in me anymore. Goodbye. I want to find out what's wrong with me and not waste my time scheduling appointments with a doctor who seems to have none. I've never experienced such a condescending attitude from a physician. Her last phone call to me was to say if I had any questions to schedule an appointment as she didn't have time to be returning phone calls. Okey dokey. If my previous doctor hadn't stopped accepting my insurance I would never have switched.

Im happy, i found a doctor i can trust, even though sometimes i wish we had more time to discuss my condition. Also very nice and attentive stuff in this office.

One of the best in her field...

Dr. Petra Lukoschek, MD has been my primary care physician since fall of 2009. In my opinion, Dr. Lukoschek is one of the best in her field. She is intelligent, thorough, and caring. I appreciate her good sense of judgement, her thoughtfulness, and her mindful attitude towards patient care. If you need a primary care physician, she is an excellent doctor to have.

At last, I found a great family doctor!

I have been a patient of Dr. Lukoschek for years. Whether for routine visits or for 'emergency' needs, she is always ready to see me within 1-2 days, depending on my condition. When I suffered from migraines and couldn't seem to get the issue resolved within a few months, she continued to seek explanations and solutions. Though clearly busy, she is always willing to listen and take time to discuss my body, and she is excellent at following up on any test with prompt phone calls. Her staff has always been professional and friendly with me. She has been our family doctor for years now and I recommend her without reservation.

I fainted at the gym, having never experienced anything like that in all of my 69 years! Dr. Lukosceck saw me right away, took my blood pressure, did a blood test and reassured me that I was fine and I should not exercise without having had some protein first. Her well trained staff was equally as efficient and reassuring. This experience was positive in every way.