Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philbert T Yau has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Philbert T Yau has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Philbert T Yau is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I will not recommend Dr. Yau. He is arrogant, pushes for unnessary appointments, is dis-honest. If you need test results, he lets his staff call you. The staff will not be able to provide you with answers to all your questions. The way to get the answers to your own health questions is to make another appointment. He creates unnessary anxiety about possible health issues. If you want to have a say in your own health, do not go to this doctor.
Dr. Yau is very kind and conscientious, and very thorough. We are always able to get an appointment within a few days and never have to wait in the waiting room for very long. He has never misdiagnosed anything and is patient and thorough when answering our questions. My husband and I are most pleased with the care he gives us.
My husband, our three children, and I have been seeing Dr. Yau for about 5 years now. Shortly after we moved to the area I had some health problems and was misdiagnosed elsewhere. I found his office through our insurance website, and he examined me, knew exactly what was wrong, and started treatment within 24 hrs. We absolutely love him and his staff. He always listens to me and my concerns, and is very thorough. He is also great with our kids and they love visiting his office (except when they need shots ;) ). He has also taken the time to call us well after hours to check in if we have been ill. Dr. Yau is a great doctor and we are so glad to have found him!
17 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Philbert T Yau accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWoodlands Family Practice, 1055 Evergreen Cir, Spring, TX
Dr. Philbert T Yau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.