Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip A Hess has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Doctor Hess is a quiet, attentive doctor who listens attentively and asks questions to expand his understanding of my health issues, then explains possible treatments in a clear and logical way. He explains the options for treatments very well, and helps me understand the causes and effects of my health issues and where medicine can help them. He makes me understand that some of the issues can only be effectively managed by changes in my behavior and lifestyle. Highest Rating!
I have been to many doctors over my 50+ years of living on this earth and Dr. Hess is by far one of the better ones. He has a no nonsense attitude, listens, and is practical in his assertation/diagnosis. If it does not work, he is quick to not take it personal but look at another alternatives to my personal situation/needs.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hess is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Philip A Hess accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnchorage Neighborhood Health Center, 4951 Business Park Blvd, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip A Hess in this video.
Dr. Philip A Hess is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.