Dr. Philip Bird Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Philip Bird?

Ulcerative Colitis

Posted on December 30th, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Bird for over 30 years now, and he has managed my chronic UC with only 2 flare-ups over this time period. His bedside manner has always been professional and personable. 98% of the staff in his office are very helpful and friendly. I've had a couple of occasions over the years where the receptionist was not friendly, but by the next time I had an office visit, that person was no longer employed there. I highly recommend Dr. Bird for any GI problems you may have.

Posted on January 7th, 2015

Incredible physician...the best GI doctor I have ever seen.

crohns disease

Posted on September 22nd, 2013

I went to Dr. Bird several years ago. I had several colonoscopies, once he did one and forgot and ordered another a couple of days later along with the endoscope. I was sick! After treating me with Sulfa drugs for years I had a blockage that he tried to open with the balloon procedure. He was experimenting and of course did not work. I had met Dr. Spector, a terrific surgeon , and he knew I had a serious problem, though Dr. Bird was ALWAYS against surgery. Finally Spector knew I was in trouble and told me to call him if I had problems, he was there for me. Two weeks later I was in terrific pain, called him, had surgery four days later. The Dr. who assisted Dr. Spector said that Bird told them to try the balloon procedure first before doing surgery. He said "That was the craziest thing i ever heard of, and - you are going to feel a whole lot better now". Dr. Bird came by the hospital and said "You are not out of the woods by a long shot." He never stuck his head in the door after that. Dr. Spector saved my l life and I was devastated by his death. That was several years ago and I have taken asacol since the surgery, no more problems. Yes, in my opinion, seek another doctor, for sure.

Horrible

Posted on August 26th, 2010

I have acid reflux, and have been battling hoarseness for a year now. A surgeon who did my EGD sent me to Dr. Bird solely for tests to see if I qualified for surgery. Dr. Bird tried to treat it, without success, and was promptly told that I was only there for testing. After testing, I had a follow-up visit.During the visit, I was told that I was a candidate for surgery that he didn't think I needed. This is after he told me that during a test I had over 200 refluxes in a 2 day period (average adult is 50 a day). He also told me that there are worse things in life than acid reflux and that I could live with a raspy voice. After all, president Clinton has reflux and a raspy voice. I am an elementary teacher and I had to quit the church choir because of the reflux. It hurts when I talk too much or sing. Tell me how that is a good quality of life?I asked him how to stop the burping, and he asked me if I had tried reglan. I told him that it made me sleepy, and that I did not feel comfortable with the side-effects that were possible. He acted like I was a pain to talk to, and offered no alternatives.He then told me that he was releasing me back to the surgeon I started with and not to get hit by a car on my way out of the complex.I posted on facebook how horrible I was treated, and several people who have gone to him told me of the horrible things they have gone through as well. Please find another doctor to go to!

Posted on August 12th, 2010

Dr. Bird is a doctor from God. He saved my mother's life and I am sure many, many other lives. Cannot wish for a better doctor!

Thorough and great bedside manner

Posted on May 7th, 2010

Dr. Bird is very focused and detailed. He is easy to talk to and gives good clear feedback. I trust his decision making completely. A fine doctor by any measure.

Posted on August 25th, 2017