Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Philip C Buescher has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Philip C Buescher has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 4 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip C Buescher - Posted on September 24th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip C Buescher - Posted on April 27th, 2012
I agree with the other person on bedside manner. I read the glowing article that one of Dr.Buescher's students wrote about him, but the side of him I saw was very different. When other doctors werent around,he raised his voice and in my opinion, he appeared to get angry with people. If one of us asked an extra question, he would glare impatiently. Imagine you are you are desperate for answers, exhausted and scared out of your mind and youve waited all day, watching your loved one suffering. Dr. B. flies in and does not even look at you. You ask a question, he still doesnt look you in the eye; he just keeps writing. He answered us with dismissive contempt. He talked down to us like we were stupid pests. I will never understand how a doctor could be that glaringly rude to people who were in as much trouble as we were at that moment. He would actually talk down to,raise his voice to,glare at, get angry with and rush people whose loved one was incredibly sick. He would and he did with us. This is the truth as we experienced it.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip C Buescher - Posted on March 31st, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip C Buescher - Posted on June 27th, 2010
37 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Philip C Buescher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Philip C Buescher
Dr. Buescher was most recently named a Baltimore magazine Top Doctor in 2012.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip C Buescher, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Baltimore, MD, in this video.
Dr. Philip C Buescher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.