Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip A Butler MD
Dr. Philip A Butler has 2 locations
9850 Genesee Ave Ste 440
La Jolla, CA 92037
Dr. Philip A Butler has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Philip A Butler has the following 10 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder Issues
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Laser Lithotripsy
Dr. Philip A Butler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Butler preformed the Urolift. Thank you, my quality of life has changed, I am so much more comfortable. Dr. Roger Burke
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip A Butler - Posted on July 4th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip A Butler - Posted on August 21st, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip A Butler - Posted on September 20th, 2013
Been My Doc for about ten years.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip A Butler - Posted on February 16th, 2010
Good surgeon, and prostatectomy results
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip A Butler - Posted on September 25th, 2009
I actually like him a lot. He is rather distinguished-looking and very professional in most respects. I would call his surgery to remove my prostate successful as I am 57 and regained most functions in 9 months. We are now following up on my 0.3 PSA which looks like a type of recurrence as it happened in less than 2 years after surgery. I am not sure about this process which may require low-dose radiation. He seems somewhat casual about it and I would prefer to be able to discuss my test results with him after the office visit.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Philip A Butler Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Philip A Butler
Dr. Butler received his medical degree from New York Medical College in 1980. He specialized in Surgery during his internship and residency at UCSD Medical Center. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip A Butler, MD - Urology in La Jolla, CA, in this video.
Dr. Philip A Butler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.