Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip C Bowman has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 8
In my 57 years on this earth I have never met such a rude person in my life. He was just a jerk, telling me that all that was wrong with me was anger and I needed anger manangement, so I guess I will quit taking the meds for anxiety, bi-polar, and depression. He made me feel like I was Dr. shopping when I have a PCP who prescribes my meds, but since he is suppose to specialize in this field, my therapist and PCP thought it would be good to see him and tweak my meds a bit. He acted like a child when I asked him why he was trying to provoke me, and he got up and walked out of the room stating he coud not treat me. Then he went and called my PCP and therapist and I guess he cried on their shoulder because that is what he acted like a baby. I feel sorry for whomever is interning with him, plese don't use him as a role model, I think he needs help. Do you really ask someone why they think they are Bi Polar isn't that his job to determine that, I think I am because I was told that 25 years ago and the medication ha helped all these years, maybe I don't act like I am because I am on meds if you have High BPand take your medicine when you go to the Dr. it usually is normal just for anything else you take medicines for, but he told me there wasn't a medicine for anger. I was there a total of about 15min and he thought he knew everyhng about me, My advise unless you want to come away feeling like crap STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!!
Dr. Bowman could not understand why I would come to see him and expect to receive psychiatric care. He questioned me as though I was involved in some sort of scam. I'm sure he had a productive 20 year Army career denying soldiers needed care and benefits. The patient before me said that the Dr. was looney-tunes. I thought the Dr. was just stupid. He asked me to leave when I asked if he was just stupid. I needed help with PTSD when I went to see him and still need help.
Dr. Philip C Bowman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsG Werber Bryan Psychiatric Hospital, 220 Faison Dr, Columbia, SC
Dr. Philip C Bowman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.