Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip T Chan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 36
This doctor is nice and friendly. His kindness knows no limits. Sure there are waits 2-3 hours. But the result are on point. I dont have any problems with the staff. The medicine he provides my wife with has done whatvut says on time. I dont mind taking her there multiple times a year. He has delivered all 4 of my kids. On the date he sets. None earlier none later. He is trutly a professional from my wife eyes. And a super hero in my eyes. Thank you doctor P. Chan.
I have never left a Dr. Appointment in tears until today. I had a 3:30 appointment and I waited 3 hours to see him. He kept saying things that upset me and even told me to stop talking he wasn't finished talking. He used a glove to cover the vaginal wand and the nurses were wearing flip flops. His ultrasound machine was so out of date that the image of my fetus was barely even visible and he said my baby was too early to see then said or I am having a miscarriage. I felt that since I wasn't Asian I didn't matter That my pregnancy concerns and scares didn't matter because I wasn't asian. I regret ever seeing him and the he took over 3 hours of my time. Also the staff was beyond unprofessional.
I started seeing Dr.Chan for 3 year already. Within these three years I had tons of questions to ask him, I worried about everything, he always welling and try his best to help me. He never complain or gives me an attituade for asking him too many questions. Normally people get regular checkup every once a year but I prefer to go back every 6 months because i feel more calm every time after seeing him. I was having a complication during my first pregnancy I had to see a high risk specialist and Dr.Chan at the same time. During my 12-16 weeks of pregnancy, the high risk specialist kept pushing me to do a small surgery, I was so worried and scared that I would loose the baby, so I asked Dr.Chan about his valuable option, I listened to him and watch closely , at the end i was totally fine through out my whole pregnancy without having to do the small surgery. thank god for listening to Dr.Chan. I am very worry he's going to retire soon.Everytime when i see him i ask him the same question" when are you going to retire? cause i still want more babies" . Seriously, i only trust him, before i started seeing him i had been to 4 different obgyn, none of them were as good as Dr.Chan. He's my angel, I did not say he's perfect about his diagnosis, I believe no one is perfect in this world because we are human being but he's nearly perfect to me. He shares what he learned from school and his experience. He does care about his patients, very responsible, very patient, very nice, and very knowledgeable. So waiting in his office for 3 hours is totally worth it. Unlike many doctors just want $$$$. I remember one time I was the last person to see him in his office, after I left the office i saw the clock it was already 9pm and he still need to stay to check other people's results. After that... he had to rush to the hospital to see my friend who just delievered. I heard a lot of good stories about him. His staffs are very nice, helpfull and well educated. Highly recommend!!!!!!!!
Dr. Chan is a wonderful doctor with great ethics, passion, and love for his patients. I waited over 4 hours to see him on my very first appt... but that did not stop me from continuing to go back to see him for my second pregnancy. He's attentive and patient with my questions and always manages to calm me down no matter what the situation. He's a great doctor... don't let the wait scare you away from this wonderful doctor. Good luck!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Philip T Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhilip T C Chan Md, 821 S Garfield Ave Ste 101, Alhambra, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip T Chan in this video.
Dr. Philip T Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alhambra, CA.