Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip A Cusumano has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 17
I was extremely impressed with the manner in which Dr. Cusumano coordinated several other physicians / specialists with regard to my daughter's diagnosis, care, and treatment. We were getting different and sometimes conflicting advice and Dr. Cusumano went way above and beyond to assure that everyone was on the same page. As a Dad, this was impressive to witness!
I previously wrote a rave review for Dr. Cusumano. However I now have to say he has become too busy and no longer seems to listen to my concerns. He is in and out of the room too fast. I will be looking for a new internist. The sad thing is I referred quite a few people to him and now I have to listen to their issues also.
Dr. Cusumano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Philip A Cusumano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLadys Island Internal Medicine, 117 Sea Island Pkwy, Beaufort, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip A Cusumano in this video.
Dr. Philip A Cusumano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaufort, SC.