Dr. Philip A Davidson Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Philip A Davidson?

Saved My Knee

Dr. Davidson has a wonderful team and did an awesome job with my surgery. He was very prompt and I felt little to no pain after.

Great experience

Doctor Phil had my MRI showing a labral tear, but he still wanted to make sure that my neck pain was caused by my shoulder and not the other way around. I saw a spinal doctor in the same office whom stated my shoulder was in fact the cause of my neck pain. He is very thorough and respectful of his patience concerns. This is the first time I have had any kind of surgery and it went very smooth. His staff are experienced and kind. I would recommend Dr. Phil Davidson to anyone needing shoulder or knee surgery.

Doctor performance during and after surgery was inadequate.

Wrong size liner, etc. in TKR

Stay away. No skill, just a research doc. Had to have TKR revised. He had no concern for my pain and post op problem. In my opinion, worst doc in SLC on many levels.

RN

Dr. Davidson was attentive, patient with my milieu of questions, and my surgical outcome was superb.

Great Surgeon

I am 7 weeks post op from a partial knee replacement. Dr. Davidson and his staff have been very professional and although I've got a way to go on my recovery, I am very pleased with my results. I have read some of the previous comments and want to say that that has not been my experience with Dr. Davidson. He has answered all of my questions and concerns. He is direct and doesn't spend a lot of time on chit chat, but I am not there to chit chat, I'm there because he is a top notch Surgeon and knows what he is doing. If I have knee problems in the future, he will be the one that I continue to go to.

Patient, kind, and thorough

After seeing more than ten surgeons, Dr. Davidson was the only one that spent significant time with me. While I have not yet had the procedure we discussed, I feel like he clearly outlined the possible routes and risks available to me in my situation. I feel confident moving forward in choosing him as my surgeon.

Disappointed

Beside manner TERRRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE along with being very arrogant. He will not answer your questions with answers pertaining to you and your condition just in general terms which left me with unanswered questions and not wanting to ask anymore questions or for advise that would help with my recovery. He makes you feel like a number and not a person. As a surgeon I think he is crafted.

Doctor's Response

It is my belief that this review, and one other, were written and entered by a business soliciting for "information management on line". The day after these 2 "reviews" were entered I received a solicitation for "reputation management".

Zero bedside manner, doesn't listen to the patient or discuss the diagnosis. I found him to be both arrogant and abrupt.

Former patient

Very thorough and clear with all diagnosis as well as options. Great great surgeon and willing to try surgeries that others do not. Gave me clear info and loved the office. Would go back anytime and refer anyone looking for options other than knee replacement.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for these comments. A large percentage of patients coming for consultation are seeking alternatives to restore their knees and shoulders. I strive to provide a wide array of alternatives and collaboratively try to help patients resume or maintain an active lifestyle.

Dr Davidson is extremely intelligent and I feels he cares a lot about your progress. He is very professional which can come across as too serious but he is the kind of doctor you want as your orthopedic surgeon.

Very Disappointing; Should sue for malpractice!

Dr. Davidson did my total knee replacement surgery 2.5 yrs ago. Postop there was lots of swelling and pain for 9 mos. Dr. Davidson drained the knee three times; xrayed the knee four tiimes; injected the knee with cortisone three times. He never cultured the knee for infection. Finally, 9 mos. post op, xrays showed my knee cap had shattered into six pieces. I asked to review my previous xrays. The knee cap had been fractured all along into two pieces and he had missed it each time until the two pieces fractured further into the six pieces. He immediately referred me out and would not correct the problem himself. Knee specialist? I think not. Two different revision surgeons both saw the fractures that had been missed for months. Both doctors said the cause of the fracture was most likely due to the original surgery which he had shaved my knee cap too thin, down to 10 mm from 32 mm instead of shaving it down to 15mm, no less than 13mm, that the protocol calls for. So I had to have my severely shattered knee cap removed. Now my leg is mal-shaped and I've loss 30 to 50 % of the strength in my quad. No cultures in nine months; misdiagnosing my post op xrays for nine months; shooting cortisone into a fracture site; shaving down the knee cap too thin predisposing to fracture resulting in a revision surgery at extra expense, prolonging pain and rehab, disfiguring my leg, and loss of strength ,and use of the leg. Don't use this doctor.

Doctor's Response

This patient had an unfortunate series of complications. Each case is unique and subject to different interpretations.

Dr. Philip A Davidson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.