The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spencer, IA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Deffer is affiliated with Spencer Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr has the following 4 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
Dr. Deffer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsNORTHWEST IOWA BONE JOINT AND SPORT SURGEONS, 1200 1st Ave E Ste C, Spencer, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Spencer, IA, in this video.
Dr. Philip A Deffer Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Spencer, IA.