Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip Filippis II
Dr. Philip Filippis II, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wayne, NJ. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Filippis is affiliated with St. Joseph'S Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph`s Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph`s Wayne Hospital and Chilton Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip Filippis II has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I was admitted to the hospital with a severe blood infection. Dr Filippis was called in and he took care of me. It took 3days to find the correct antibiotic for my bug. All the while he was very caring and concerned. I cannot say enough about how compassionate he was during my stay. I would definitely recommend him.
Dr. Filippis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Joseph'S Regional Medical Center
St. Joseph`s Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph`s Wayne Hospital
Chilton Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1988
Seton Hall University
Dr. Philip Filippis II accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNORTH JERSEY NEUROLOGIC ASSOCIATES, 220 Hamburg Tpke, Wayne, NJ
Dr. Philip Filippis II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wayne, NJ.