Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip J Goushaw
Dr. Philip J Goushaw, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goushaw is affiliated with Metro Health Hospital and Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center. Dr. Goushaw has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip J Goushaw has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Philip J Goushaw has the following 10 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Dr. Philip J Goushaw has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Philip J Goushaw is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Goushaw himself is knowledgable, caring and spends plenty of time, explaining everything clearly and answering questions (in straight English, not medical-speak). Dealing with his office, however, is a totally different experience. It takes several days to get a call back from a nurse, lab tests aren't passed on to him in a timely manner, and it's impossible to talk to the doctor himself without making an appointment.
Dr. Goushaw is a fantastic doctor. He's highly knowledgeable, caring, takes lots of time with his patients, and is very kind. Occasionally, his office gets backed up with waiting patients, but generally my wait times are short. He has a wonderful physician's assistant and his support staff, overall, is very attentive.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Goushaw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
St Johns Hospital
Dr. Philip J Goushaw accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRenal Associates Of West Michigan, 330 E Beltline Ave NE Ste 100, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Philip J Goushaw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.