Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip Hartwell
Dr. Philip Hartwell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesquite, NV. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hartwell is affiliated with Mesa View Regional Hospital, Sunrise Hospital and Delta Community Medical Center. Dr. Hartwell has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip Hartwell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 12
Although this office is always packed with patients the staff is always friendly and helpful. They have walk-in appointments available for people who are sick or hurt so that they don’t have to wait for an appointment like at other doctors offices! Dr Hartwell always listens to me and addresses all of my concerns even when he has an office full of patients waiting, I NEVER leave feeling I was unheard. I ALWAYS get to see Dr Hartwell as they don’t have a PA to see their patients instead! I absolutely love Dr Hartwell’s office and honestly don’t know what our town would do without them!!!
The very best. Will give your proper diagnosis, will refer you to specialists when needed. Works with your physicians to make sure you are not receiving medication that is not needed. Dr Hartwell helped my husband keep a meaningful quality of life thru 19 years of his cancer,silicosis,copd, ups and downs. He sent me to a specialist, because I had a 3pd Ovarian Cysticfibroma. He saved my life when others saw nothing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hartwell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mesa View Regional Hospital
Delta Community Medical Center
Dixie Regional Medical Center
19 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1994
St Josephs Regional Medical Center
Dr. Philip Hartwell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Locations & DirectionsHartwell Family Practice, 190 E Mesquite Blvd, Mesquite, NV
Dr. Philip Hartwell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, NV.