Dr. Philip Heyman Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Philip Heyman?

Worst experience with doctor ever

Posted on November 29th, 2017

I went to Dr. Heyman because I injured my hand a week prior and it was still in a great deal of pain. I brought x-ray from urgent care. Heyman took splint off pinky and when he attempted to touch finger I flinched and Heyman became angry and impatient. Reviewed x-ray and said I just had a sprain. He then accused me of seeing him because I wanted a letter to my employer written so I could get out of going to work and he refused to write one. I told him I just wanted to know what was wrong with my hand because I am a grocery store cashier and could barely do my job and wanted to make sure the finger was not fractured. He removed splint put on at urgent care and told me the hand would be fine and I can continue working. He was arrogant, dismissive, impatient, condescending and accusatory. Absolutely worse doctor visit ever. I saw two more hand docs after Heyman, both of whom said my finger was indeed fractured and showed me the fracture on the x-ray. Heyman's care was borderline negligence, esp, considering the type of work I do. Just horrible experience and I see other patients' reviews are similar to mine regarding Heyman's manner and treatment of patients.

Completely & totally dissatisfied!

Posted on October 29th, 2017

As I laid in the hospital bed after surgery and having to be admitted due to hypoxia, Dr. Heyman came to see me. I was completely out of it and vould not even stay awake for his visit. He wanted to tell me how my surgery went and that he had to also sew my tendon together. He made NO effort to come back later or the next day. He made no effort to have his office call me. That weekend out of the hospital, my fingers began to go numb, tingle and feel tremendous pain. I removed my splint because it was way too tight. I rewrapped it after. I went to his office the following day to have it rewrapped. He was shocked & upset that I removed my splint. He said that he was very concerned about my tendon & that I should never have removed the splint. I told him that he never officially informed me of the sewn tendon & I had no idea. He casted me that day. 2 days later, I was back in his office because the cast had come loose & already come off. 2 days after that, I had to go in AGAIN to have it recasted because cast #2 had come loose & come off as well. Dr. Heyman told me that he has been doing this for 27 years and he has never experienced a patient having this much trouble with a cast coming loose before. I told him that out of the 10 various surgeries I've had in my life, I've never been treated so poorly. His nurse came in & he then relayed my words to her in a mocking way. I tried to tell him that my swelling continues to go down in my arm & this is why the cast keeps coming loose. He basically, without coming right out and doing so, accused me of removing each cast. He does not have a bedside manner AT ALL! He is in a rush every time I see him. If you ask for him to consider a different treatment that will work better, he becomes annoyed and makes the patient feel little. His incision is also something! On one of two incisions, it is in a "r" shape & is not very clean. I am thankful for the surgery, but, less than satisfied with what I've had to go thru after! I can only speak for MY experience with him & everyone has a right to choose their own surgeon. All I can say is, do your research BEFORE you pick the Dr.

carpal tunnel hand surgery

Posted on January 14th, 2015

I recently had carpal tunnel hand surgery with Dr. Heyman and found it to be very successful surgery. His staff and surgery center is very professional and has state of the art technology. My recovery has great with no complications.

Don't Waste your time

Posted on July 10th, 2013

Gave 5 mins and discredited the amount of pain my son was in. Insisted it was just a hard hit to the elbow which is why he couldn't move it for 5 days? Positive that we would come back in a week and he'd be fine. Went to get a 2nd opinion and it was a torn MCL... seriously just a hard hit???? My son is now in a bionic brace thing, pt, and is being taken care of by an awesome Dr., NOT him! Good thing this guy gave me the creeps so I got a 2nd opinion. I have never had such poor care by a physician. Such a bummer because we've been to the other Docs in this practice and they are awesome.

Posted on June 18th, 2012

His demeaner was that of "House" on TV. He may have a few degrees under his belt but patient relations need improving. when He mentioned something about my "advanced age" I was floored. I am only 56 and work full time, not 75!

Posted on March 6th, 2017