- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip M Koszyk MD
Dr. Philip M Koszyk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Normal, IL, with another office in Normal, IL. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Koszyk is affiliated with Advocate BroMenn Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip M Koszyk has 2 locations
1302 Franklin Ave Ste 4800
Normal, IL 61761
1302 Franklin Ave Ste 1000
Normal, IL 61761
Dr. Philip M Koszyk has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Philip M Koszyk has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip M Koszyk - Posted on October 21st, 2012
Rude staff, doesn't listen to patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip M Koszyk - Posted on September 4th, 2010
I went in with specific symptoms. He didn't listen to me and ordered unnecessary tests. After these tests, I requested a test to "rule out" the specific pain I was having, and that ended up being my problem. His office staff was rude, talked to me like I was five years old, and treated me like I was a nobody. I will never recommend Dr. Koszyk or his staff to anyone.
Dr. Koszyk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Philip M Koszyk Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip M Koszyk, MD - Gastroenterology in Normal, IL, in this video.
Dr. Philip M Koszyk is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Normal, IL.