Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip L Ku has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 43
dr ku is pleasant, courteous, an all-around nice individual. I have been asked to make separate appointments to address each health problem. Although reports from specialists are received Dr. Ku does not come prepared to integrate results into viable care plan. In my experience Dr. Ku prefers prescribing pharmisuticals before lifestyle changes or natural supplements. His medical assistant is pleasant. You might want to ask her to restate your request to you before she speaks with the doctor to ensure correct information is communicated. Care has become fragmented because of communication between all members of my care providers.
Dr. Ku is a wonderful Doctor. He listens and keeps very good notes. If he can't help he will refer you to a specialist, but in most cases he is just as accurate as a specialist. Only one problem - and it is not really a problem but a comment - he talks too fast and so low it is hard to hear him. That's the only thing I find wrong.
Everything in his office is electronic, he carry's a laptop to do his notes and has all of the information he needs in his hands when he sees you. He knows modern medicine and he is very caring and all around a wonderful doctor. If you are looking for just another pill doctor, Dr. Ku is NOT the doctor for you. He cares about his patients and spends more than enough time with you during your appointment. If you want a doc that actually does rush in and out of the room, Dr. Philip Ku is the best doctor for you. I am making him my primary from now on!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2010, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2013, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ku is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Philip L Ku accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLakeside Internal Medicine, 10450 E Riggs Rd Ste 110, Sun Lakes, AZ
Dr. Philip L Ku is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sun Lakes, AZ.