Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Philip J Kurle has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Philip J Kurle has the following 11 expertise
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip J Kurle - Posted on July 28th, 2016
Sitting in his room as we speak....... he is going on 1 hour late as we speak and nurses have not heard from him. We will be heading back to Springfield, MO after this appointment. Nice enough Dr., but the way rest of the world works if someone has to schedule a year in advance to see you ........ maybe you can at least show up. Been with him for 3 years and have waited well over an hour each time.
No time to see patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip J Kurle - Posted on April 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip J Kurle - Posted on October 22nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip J Kurle - Posted on September 22nd, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Philip J Kurle Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Philip J Kurle
Philip J. Kurle, MD, is a clinical assistant professor of neurology at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and director of clinical neurophysiology at 202 S. Park Clinic. His medical interests include epilepsy, non-convulsive status epilepticus, electroencephalography, intra-operative neurophysiological monitoring, stroke and cerebrovascular disease, coma and prolonged states of diminished consciousness, atypical dementias, mitochondrial neurological syndromes and medical ethics. Dr. Kurles teaching interests include details of the general physical and neurological examination, evaluation and treatment of acute mental status changes and evaluation of coma, brain death and the persistent vegetative state.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip J Kurle, MD - Neurology in Osage Beach, MO, in this video.
Dr. Philip J Kurle is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Osage Beach, MO.