Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip L Wilson has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Kneecap Dislocation (Patellar Dislocation)
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Knee Injuries
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Sports Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
He is simply brilliant! His analysis of injuries, conditions and the best surgical approach for optimal health and athletic performance is unparalleled.
We live in Longview, Texas and were unable to get the care needed for my daughter and were referred to Dr. Wilson. His entire staff was so helpful and really set my ten year old at ease. I really appreciate Dr. Wilson being very straightforward with us and helping prepare us that this may be a long recovery time. The last thing my daughter needed was false hope. I appreciate his taking the time to explain and show Hope the MRI results and not just talk to her father and I but to her as well. We feel we are with the doctor we need to be and one we can trust.
My daughter had a torn ACL from cheer-leading. I found Dr. Wilson to be very knowledgeable, caring, and very competent. He understands the need for kids to work hard to recover fully, and is very upfront and honest about that as well as any complications that may arise. He is extraordinarily well qualified!
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
23 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Philip L Wilson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip L Wilson in this video.
Dr. Philip L Wilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.