Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip C Latourette
Dr. Philip C Latourette, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spartanburg, SC, with another office in Asheville, NC. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Latourette is affiliated with Spartanburg Medical Center. Dr. Latourette has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip C Latourette has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Absolute disregard for patient's pain. Gave injection in wrong area of body, then laughed it off. As excruciating pain radiated down my legs he commented I was lucky it wasn't radiating up. This "Dr." Will never touch me again. After this incident he was suspiciously absent from the office, never to be seen again.
Dr. Latourette is one of the best doctors I have ever had! He is both very compassionate and highly skilled... a rare combination! When I needed a spinal injection, he took the time to be so careful and precise and it helped me so much! With my pain management, his sensitivity and kindness allows me the comfort of being able to trust him with my care. I am deeply grateful!
Dr. Latourette is the only physician I trust. I've been a patient of his for about 5 years and he is the only physician that I trust to perform medical procedures on my back. He is gentle, attentive and understanding and I feel at ease with him. As long as you are following the rules that go along with being a patient at any respectable pain management facility, you will have no problems with Dr. Latourette. I cannot recommend him any more highly and I feel blessed to have him as my physician.
What an awesome physician.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Latourette is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Philip C Latourette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Philip C Latourette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.