Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Philip J Lefevre has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Philip J Lefevre has the following 16 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
52 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Abington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Philip J Lefevre accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsST LOUIS UNIVERSITY PSYCHIATRY, 1438 S Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Philip J Lefevre is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.