Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip M Maurer has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Philip M Maurer has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Block
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fractures
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
Dr. Philip M Maurer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Philip M Maurer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I'm a tennis player who saw this guy for a pain issue radiating in my arm nearly ten years ago. He diagnosed me without ever TOUCHING me, and one of his diagnostic comments was "I could easily break your arm if I wanted to". He said I needed a disc fusion or would never play tennis again. His extremely off putting bedside manner was enough to convince me to seek another alternative. I did so and fully resolved the issue without surgery and have continued playing tennis ever since. If this man didn't have such a ridiculous attitude and manner, I would likely have conceded to a totally unnecessary disc fusion, so I guess I should be thankful for that. For what it's worth, here it is ten years later am I'm still aggravated enough to post this comment.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1983
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAria 3b, 170 S Independence Mall W Ste L50, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip M Maurer in this video.
Dr. Philip M Maurer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.