Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip L Mccarthy Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin Disease
- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 3 of 3
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
36 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Philip L Mccarthy Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoswell Park Cancer Institute, ELM AND CARLTON St, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Philip L Mccarthy Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.