Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip A Micalizzi Jr has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
This guy is a lying hack. He will not listen to you and will write a IME that is all for the insurance company. Stay away, fight for a different doctor. INSIST on a different doctor. Unfortunately you wont be able to get a different doctor because law say insurance company may choose. I now need to pay for another IME. THIS GUY just walked out of room ten minutes later women walks in and say you are done. Just the worse experience in medicine I ever had.
Dr. Micalizzi has a calm, conservative approach to problems, which is something you rarely see in money-grabbing doctors these days. He is my neurologist and also treats other members of my family. I have been to many doctors in my life, and have found him to be no worse than others, and better than most.
I have been a patient of Dr. Micalizzi for many years now. I find him to be a very thorough and very caring doctor. I know that I am in good hands with him. I tried a different neurologist once, a Doctor Hamid Sami, and he misdiagnosed me, then told me he didn't know what was wrong with me and I should go some place else. He was extremely rude, showing no interest or concern for me at all, sitting in his chair and picking his nose while I talked. I left his office not knowing which way was up. I returned to Dr. Micalizzi and would never go any where else again. I think he is a wonderful doctor.
37 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Philip A Micalizzi Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhilipa Micalizzi Jr Md Pc, 3180 Main St Ste 302, Bridgeport, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip A Micalizzi Jr in this video.
Dr. Philip A Micalizzi Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bridgeport, CT.