Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip W Paparone has the following 1 specialty
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM
Dr. Philip W Paparone has the following 7 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis B
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Showing 5 of 13
I came in twenty years ago with my mother; who had a plethora of symptoms. We had been to seven doctors before Dr. Paparone and all had been unable to successfully treat my mother. Dr. Paparone is a fantastic doctor, great bedside manner- he made us feel at home right away. He treated my mothers complicated condition with ease. He is one of the first infectious disease physicians in the US- he has seen it all. I am so glad that I decided on him.
Dr Paparone was the worst Dr I have ever seen and I have seen many. I have a broad range of symptoms that are difficult to diagnose and have been to several specialists and infectious disease doctors. Typically they will spend about 30 to 40 minutes asking me questions and diagnosing me. Dr. Paparone probably spent about 5 minutes asking questions and basically patted me on the head and told me I am O.K. He couldn't have been more dismissive. To give you one example of something he missed, I complained of dizziness and cognitive difficulties. He did not shine a light into my eyes and have me follow it. A few weeks later another doctor did just this and discovered that I have neuropathy on my left side. My left eye does not track a light and this is due to an infectious disease that I have that will get worse without treatement. My reflexes on my left side are also impaired. He missed that too. I could go on and on. Basically he missed everything. What gives? Why is this guy a Dr. He should consider another career.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Philip W Paparone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Specialists, 72 W Jimmie Leeds Rd, Galloway, NJ
Dr. Philip W Paparone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galloway, NJ.