Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip J Penrose MD
Dr. Philip J Penrose, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monterey, CA, with another office in Monterey, CA. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Penrose is affiliated with Natividad Medical Center, Hazel Hawkins Mem Hospital and Stanislaus Surgical Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip J Penrose has 2 locations
21 Upper Ragsdale Dr Ste 200
Monterey, CA 93940
880 Cass St Ste 105
Monterey, CA 93940
Book Online Now
Dr. Philip J Penrose has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Philip J Penrose has the following 13 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Eye Diseases
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
Dr. Philip J Penrose is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
lasik surgery patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip J Penrose - Posted on August 8th, 2014
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Penrose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Ca Pacific Medical Center
Dr. Philip J Penrose Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip J Penrose, MD - Ophthalmology in Monterey, CA, in this video.
Dr. Philip J Penrose is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Monterey, CA.