Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. J P Reimherr has the following 2 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. J P Reimherr has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. J P Reimherr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. J P Reimherr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 71
Double and triple booking is a constant within the entire practice. The wait time on any given day for any given doctor or practitioner is 1 hour and 45 minutes up to 3 hours (which I experienced a handful of times). I believe Sheryl Rosen is the absolute worst in the practice. They don't really listen to you and many mistakes are made in all aspects of the business. I will say I would rate Dr. Reimerr better than the others but it appears to be about pushing patients out quickly to get more in for money's sake and not about the care of the patients.
Unfortunately I will forever remember this Doctor. When I was younger my mom went and saw him for her mental health problems. In the process she decided to have me seen by her own Doctor as well. In my opinion I see that as a conflict of interest but that's just my opinion. Anyways, my mom created all these stories of what was wrong with me, and then this Psychiatrist decided to pump an 8 year old with 4-7 different medications 3 times a day. Noone in my family including my grandmother approved of this and tried to reach out to him to make him see I didnt need these. He did not care. I know this because I have had family tell me this as an adult.There was emotional and mental abuse going on at home and not once did he listen to me, instead he felt it was more prudent to pump a child with medication rather than listen to what she said or truly seeing a situation as for what it was within the home. It wasn't until I was 16 when a group home director upon evaluation of me realized these meds were completely inappropriate that they went up against this Dr, who did not want me removed from the meds and tried to convince me that I need to stay on them. Imagine a Dr trying to convince a 16 year old that she can't live without pills. Well, a different Dr. Felt completely different and helped me ween off the several very high doses of medicines he had me on. I owe my life to that worker and other Dr for listening . Before you take your child to this man please remember my story because I will never forget him.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
New England Medical Center
Dr. J P Reimherr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Joseph Burke Jr PhD, 173 Oxford St, Lynn, MA
Dr. J P Reimherr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lynn, MA.