Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip J Ryan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cushing Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Ryan is a busy and well-trained Endocrinologist who my son saw for his Diabetes. He is professional and his staff is just great. I am impressed with his Harvard education and fellowship training. He is very helpful for an anxious Mom like me, answering all of my questions and explaining everything to us.
I have yet to know how much of the medication I am supposed to be taking! The Dr. had asked me to call him a week after my office visit to get the results of the lab tests. The male clerk in his office said everything was okay, and to continue taking meds as I had been. However, the Dr. had suggested I take them differently during the visit. When I asked the clerk if he was sure, he stated he was "pretty sure." To make a long story short, I still do not know whether I should be taking more or less of my medication. After two phone calls, they have given me THREE different answers. I will never waste my time or money going to this Dr. again. The staff appears to be incompetent, and the Dr. seems to be indifferent.
Would give me samples that he had received from the drug reps. (which was ok) to see if a particular drug worked, BUT MOST OF THE DRUGS WERE VERY EXPENSIVE AND NOT COVERED BY MY INSURANCE!!! One drug he gave me even had a warning not to give to patients with a history of the type of chronic condition that I have.
42 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Philip J Ryan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes Endocrinology And Lipidology Center, 176 Health Care Ln Ste B, Martinsburg, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip J Ryan in this video.
Dr. Philip J Ryan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Martinsburg, WV.