Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Philip F Saltiel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Philip F Saltiel has the following 15 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Philip F Saltiel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 37
TMS works but office experience was, quite frankly, weird. Office staff was rude, distant, and often not available. Consult with Doctor Saltiel was mostly unavailable or in the waiting room or standing briefly in his office. Follow up was slipshod and only obtained through my doctor. All in all, a strange experience. I' ve had better interaction with my dentist.
After many bad experiences in this field, it is such a pleasure, and I am so gratetful to have found a doctor who is so well informed, smart, up to date on new meds, etc... so good at diagnosing problems....he works with you...as an equal...always attentive to every problem AND EVEN COMLAINTS...patient and understanding besides so very qualified. A great doctor...one who certainly likes what he does. Recommend him all the time.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Philip F Saltiel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsPhilip Saltiel Md Pc, 150 E 58th St Fl 25, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip F Saltiel, MD - Psychiatry in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Philip F Saltiel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.