Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip A Sanderson
Dr. Philip A Sanderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Solana Beach, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sanderson is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Sanderson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip A Sanderson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
I've been seeing Dr Sanderson for 11 years and he is just wonderful. He takes the time to talk and find out how things are going. He is very thorough in his tests and diagnosis. It is difficult to get regular appointments but I've had more luck with urgent matters by leaving a message with his team. The wait is usually quite long. His nursing team are outstanding too. The front office staff could be better.
I've been going to Dr. Sanderson for almost 20 years. He has the most caring soul and he really takes the time to listen to you and has the best advice (he must be the best Dad!) His diagnosis for all my ailments have been right on. About 10 years ago, I came down with a staph infection, lost 20 lbs in a month. I went to 2 other doctors and they could not figure out what was wrong with me - it was horrible; I could barely get out of bed. Then I was referred to Dr. Sanderson by a friend, and with just a swab in my nose, he found the staph. Thank God! He is my angel, still to this day. My husband has Kaiser, but I still will pay to see Dr. Sanderson. He is the BEST!
Dr. Sanderson is great, he's very knowledgeable and thorough in making sure you get all the tests done, etc. He spent 1hr with me during my first visit, making sure I had all the meds I needed and explaining what to expect. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone in the Del Mar, Carmel Valley area.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sanderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1982
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Philip A Sanderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Coastal Medical Center, 380 Stevens Ave Ste 100, Solana Beach, CA
Dr. Philip A Sanderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Solana Beach, CA.