Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip V Savia Jr MD
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laconia, NH, with another office in Wilkes Barre, PA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr has 2 locations
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip V Savia Jr - Posted on March 13th, 2019
Please come back to Utah
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip V Savia Jr - Posted on February 8th, 2019
Reverend Robert Basile
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip V Savia Jr - Posted on January 9th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip V Savia Jr - Posted on August 24th, 2017
Very Impressed - May have saved my sight
Self-verified patient of Dr. Philip V Savia Jr - Posted on June 5th, 2017
On my first visit to Dr. Savia, he ordered a number of blood tests, which I immediately had done at the nearby hospital. The results on 2 concerned him - he was on the phone to me immediately, changing meds and setting up a biopsy that needed to be done within 48 hours. If he hadn't responded so quickly, I could have lost my sight. I've also been impressed how clear and concise he is - so pleased to have found him. Also, when my MRI had to be rescheduled at Lakes Region General Hospital, LRGH took care of everything with Dr. Savia's office - great coordination/cooperation between the two.
35 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1984
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip V Savia Jr, MD - Neurology in Laconia, NH, in this video.
Dr. Philip V Savia Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Laconia, NH.