More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip D Szold has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Philip D Szold has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Philip D Szold is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I love doctor szold. Weve known him for 12 years. He has done so much for us. He helped get my oldest sons asthma under control when alk the other doctors couldn't. He answered my calls always even at 4am when my younger son had a 104 fever and when he had to be hospitalzed with phnomina he checked on him twice a day. He has always spent extra time with us and answered every question no matter how stupid they might be. All of my kids just love him and its never a fight when its time to go to the doctor. Even for shots. Hes like part of the family. And when he retires we are going to miss him very much. My kids cried when I had to tell them that he was retireing soon. We love ya dr. Szold and are gonna miss ya.
My kids are 5 yrs and 8 yrs old, and yes it took me this long to realize that I NEED TO CHANGE DOCOR AND CLINIC!!! Last time I was there for a concern regarding my son in pain, I was told by the MANAGER that my son couldn't be seen because I did not make an appointment! Well if you can't even get through the damm phone!!! and I am more worried to get there to have my son be seeing, and from the arguing they tell me ok we will see your son there is a Copay for non appointment, I have no problem with that.. but by being in a hurry to get there.. I did not have my wallet.. I was very upset because they said "No we can't see him if you don't pay now" I have been taking my kids there for over 8 years and always paid on time and that situation was different... that even a grandma who saw me crying and upset because they wouldn't take my son!!! gave me the money to pay and told the office "NO COMPASSION, NO HEART FOR A CHILD WHO IS IN PAIN!!!" yup none what so ever, than I talked to dr. viviane and she apologized for what happened but it wouldn't make a difference... The last thing to make things worst: leaving 5 messages regarding my son's feet problem!!! messages to Dr. Szold, nurse, referral line and receptionist!!! I did not get a call back..until I left a last message on Dr. Szolds voicemail, showing how upset I was for not getting a call back, he said to me "This happened 4 months ago" YES I SAID!!! BUT I KEPT CALLING!!!! AND GOT NO ANSWER BACK!!!! IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING!!! I CHOSE A NEW DOCTOR AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH HIM AND HIS STAFF!!!
You know despite the critics on this page I took my children to see this guy. I am so sorry that I did not believe the folks who were commenting with TRUTH about him. Is it just me or have others read the positive comments and found them to be somewhat IDENTICAL? Find another dr., please do not use this Doctor. I now wish that I had followed the advise of so many and not wasted my time with him or his snotty staff
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Philip D Szold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLa Mesa Pediatrics, 8881 Fletcher Pkwy Ste 200, La Mesa, CA
Dr. Philip D Szold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.