Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip T Schmitt has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Philip T Schmitt has the following 16 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
Showing 5 of 36
Dr Schmitt did a horrible job on my hip replacement. I had to have it redone 2 yrs later because he failed to place the hip correctly. When I returned to his office to find out why I was still in pain his partner told me the cup in the hip joint was in the wrong place. I asked if it had moved since my surgery he told me it was in the same place as in the x ray taken 10 days after surgery. When I spoke with Dr. Schmidt he said he knew it was in the wrong place, but I was doing well and decided not to mention it. I would never refer anyone to this doctor. Beware!
I'm a 39 year old female and recently had arthroscopic surgery for a labral tear in my left hip. I tore it wake boarding. Dr. Schmitt took such good care of me right from the first office visit to my post-op visit. He was extremely clear about the procedure and was spot on about what I could expect post surgery. My brother and my sister both had Birmingham Hip Resurfacing by Dr. Schmitt and are back to their active lives. I am extremely active and it has been a little over two weeks since surgery and I feel great. I haven't been cleared for exercise yet simply because it's too soon, but Dr. Schmitt told me I would be back wake boarding this summer. I can't say enough about Dr. Schmitt! He is absolutly awesome!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Philip T Schmitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDmc Specialists In Orthopedic Surgery, 1 William Carls Dr Ste 120, Commerce Township, MI
Dr. Philip T Schmitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Commerce Township, MI.