Dr. Philip W Tally Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Philip W Tally?

very refreshing attitude for a specialist. put my concerns to rest and explained things thoroughly. great visit.

Cavernous angioma

I have never felt safer through any surgery until him" And I had knee surgery and they had to give me a shot to bring my blood ressure down. Dr. Talley did brain surgery and my blood pressure and anxiety was in check. I felt totally good in his hands.

Doesn't listen to patient. Just jumps in, assuming I'm here to have surgery. Surely there are other ways to alieveiate pain!

Extremely poor clinical judgement

My mother presented to the ED with a subarachnoid hemorrhage. This physician was consulted and did act promptly (if you call waiting 2+ hours early for him promptly) in relieving he pressure that had built up in her head by inserting a EVD into one of her ventricles. However, the following day he suggested that we just wait and watch, and allow my mom to remain in a hospital that does not offer neuro interventions. We decided to have my mom flown to TGH where they were able to properly monitor her, locate the aneurysm and coil it, and then they treated her for some strong vasospasms by injecting medication into the arteries of her brain. I do not trust this man's clinical judgement and I believe that had we left my mom at the hospital where she had originally presented, she would either no longer be with us or she would have suffered from a deliberating stroke.

Caring Doctor

Very up front about what he can or cannot do. Pleasant when discussing delicate things, and just a top notch surgeon.

Brain Surgery

I am surprised by any negative reviews. He removed a mass from my Father's brain recently. He was not only a wonderful surgeon, but he kept us very informed. He visited with us several times and was very kind and personable. He went out of his way to care for my father before, during, and after surgery. it was also very comforting for us that he kept us so well informed.

Does not care about you

Was Diagnosed with Cervical Spinal Stenosis and have been in pain for two months was told to come back in another two months if I still had pain. Well it's been a month and I am in even more pain and will be seeing a different doctor in a week when my Insurance kicks in, I would not return to Dr. Tally for anything he doesn't care about what pain and problems paitients are in or having... Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere~!!!!!

An Absolutely Great Surgeon!!!

I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Tally as my Neuro Surgeon! I originally had met with Dr. Tally as a second opinion. Originally I went to a Chiropractor (won't say the name) and they told me after reading my MRI that I had 3 herniated discs. They then tried to sell me their program. I met with Dr. Tally, he was extremely personable and will be as technical or as layman as you need. He was straight forward and advised me that my L-5 was fully ruptured. I was having pain walking or sitting up. He said he's in no hurry to do surgery and to try to give it a few weeks to see if the pain would subside and I could avoid surgery. Think about that...A Surgeon who doesn't just try to force surgery on you..what a concept! Anyhow, it got worse and I could no longer walk or sit up-right. I consulted with Dr. Tally again due to the extreme pain and he said we need to get you in for surgery as quickly as possible. He offered to drop everything and do it then, however it was Wednesday before Thanksgiving and he was honest and said that his A-Team Staff is not there. I voted to wait until the next week. His staff moved around other scheduled surgeries at the River Walk Facility and got me in at 7am Monday morning! Amazing!!! I couldn't walk in, so my wife wheeled me in a wheelchair. They got me in the back right away as it hurt to sit up. I had the discectomy and was home by 10am! I walked out on my own accord. RELIEF!!! It's been two weeks to the day since my surgery and I feel awesome! I am already up to walking 3 miles/day and I have Dr. Tally to thank for it!

Very rude and insulting.

I honestly had no clue that going to a doctor about my neck and back would turn into a lecture on my being over weight and being referenced to an olympic sized swimming pool!! being about 45lbs overweight!! Completely unprofessional and would not recommend anyone being seen or operated on someone so crude.

Steer clear! Although his staff was fine, the doctor was not. He was brash and sarcastic and actually said that a person with ankylosing spondylitis shouldn't be in pain. This from a SPINE EXPERT? No, I wouldn't let him touch me with a 10 foot pole.

Does not call back in a timely manner

Dr. Tally could not identify the source of my back pain and assured me he would reach a resolution in two days and call me back. It'd been over a week, I'm in terrible pain, haven't been able to work and am still waiting for a response.

Dr. Philip W Tally is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.