Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip E Wolfson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Philip E Wolfson has the following 13 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 13
I had come to the end of what talk therapy and drug therapy could do to help my depression. When I came across Dr. Wolfson and saw that he treated depression using ketamine AND he was within driving distance, I was skeptical but hopeful. My experiences with him using ketamine have been incredibly helpful. This is not say that I'm cured--but I feel like the dark weight of depression has been for the most part lifted. I know this treatment doesn't work for everyone but Dr Wolfson is a caring, knowledgeable and compassionate healer.
RUN away. I highly recommend one does not engage his services. YES, he appears kind, caring, invested at first. In the end, he has a very narrow field of focus. Psychopharmacology seems to be a fascination of his. It seems he will attempt to treat you with as many meds as he can rally ... and never dig down to address an underlying problem. He has destroyed 3 marriages that I know of, and misdiagnosed serious illnesses as emotional/mental ones. (One patient almost died under his "care" because he would not look beyond what he had decided in the first few weeks.) Don't be fooled by what may appear to some as a sense of investment, and a perceived "fatherly" demeanor. It's not worth it.
Have employed his services on an as needed basis for myself and family for over 20 years. A brilliant, insightful large man with a gentle manner. Recently he helped resolve issues of one of my children who was visiting SF but lives in Hawaii and he offered to be available to her by phone as needed. He has been a real benefit to my life and has also helped improve family bonding within my family.
50 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
New York Medical College
Dr. Philip E Wolfson accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Philip E Wolfson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Anselmo, CA.