Dr. Philippe J Quilici Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Philippe J Quilici?

Old school technique

Dr Quillici is an outdated surgeon with skills to match. He is also not interested the patient. Never saw him before my gallbladder surgery at all. When I went back for a follow up his nurse practitioner came in and when he finally came into the room he actually stood by the doorway, so unacceptable. My sutures took an insanely long time to heal. I would not recommend this doctor.

I don't even know if Doctor actually did I my surgery. Had 3 ORs going at once. Did not see before surgery or after... He sent one of his PAs. Too much of a rock star.

Superb Surgeon

Had an emergency surgery for colon cancer at Providence St. Joseph by Dr. Quilici. Dr. Quilici and his staff took such great care of me. I left the hospital in four days, never experienced any significant pain. I felt so reassured to be in his capable hands. Office staff was fantastic. A superb surgeon

Horrible surgeon.

Excellent surgeon

He's an excellent surgeon. He's not a warm and fuzzy type, but that's not important to me when getting surgery. I want someone who excels at what they do, and he certainly does. I would do it all over again without hesitation.

Excellent Care and Extremely Knowledgable

Dr Quilici is an excellent surgery he care of a patience when they are in pain and go straightstraight to the point to find solutions and how to help us .

Cordial, proffesional knows what he is doing. Doctors like to go to him and that says it all

I'm very disappointed in his follow up. The day after my laproscopic gallbladder removal I had to go to the emergency room. After that night I went back to the E.R. three more times in 2 weeks. I'm a healthy women in my late 30's with no previous problems. Not only was his staff not helpful they didn't return my calls when I was in the emergency room. During my follow up visit he seemed surprised and baffled that I had issues, his nurse practioner had not shared all my ER trips and made it seem that it was my fault I couldn't get through to him. I still have stitches that haven't dissolved in 2 months later and I can't get a call back from his office after 3 calls this week. Again nice guy but I didn't feel there was enough concern for my after care, especially when I called about life threatening pain.

best decision of my life

I've had endocrine problems for years (MEN2b) and started gaining weight as a young person (uncontrollable appetite is one of the symptoms) and nothing worked - nothing. as an adult one of my doctors found (amongst other things) a tumor on my hypothalamus and said that it would probably "keep me fat" but Quilici disagreed and my internist also disagreed, said it could make it difficult to manage it but that it could be used as a tool the exact way it's supposed to be used in the first place. I research the procedure including pro's and con's for three years prior to having it done and it's successfully taken all of the extra weight (he suggested 160 but I settled for 140 instead) and managed my health issues for years now. Their staff was fantastic and professional and had an exceptional understanding of the overall process and ensured that I (and my family) knew what we were doing and I'm glad that the process was slow and steady, it was a terrific experience for us and the counseling, nutritionist and group sessions were quite wonderful. I still re-read the books (I bought the entire list) and refer people to him all the time. I think he's a wonderful doctor. the three things I tell people (they are simple but important) 1) manage your stress 2) don't drink anything with calories in them, no exceptions. water or decaf tea, period. 3) get enough rest, exercise, protein and nutrition. (don't forget to have your bloodwork done quarterly to ensure your nutrition is balanced) the stuff patients learned pre-op is critical to remember always and this doctors staff stressed it hard and this may be why people have been hard in some of the reviews and these people have no business having the procedure in the first place, it's a tough road to haul and that's why they put you through it - it's NOT a walk in the park and they want you to understand this. accountability and health is a two way street. I think they do a good job.

Great surgeon. But no bedside manner and spends almost no time with patient.

Consultation visit-

went in for a consult for gastric bypass surgery. Waited at beginning of appointment to be taken in as a small group for info from staffer Julie. She did well giving some basic information, but also kept saying Dr will go over all this with you and help you decide which procedure is best for you. Had to go back to waiting room after that. Was called in to get vitals done, after about 5-8 mins put in a room to wait for the doctor. After about another 20-25 mins he came in tried to ask some questions about the procedures and he told me to read the booklet I was given, as it would answer my questions. Then made comments about if I was not ready to commit, I would not have good results. I had not made any such statement to him, was just trying to ask some basic questions and understand a few differences in procedures. Do not know if he was mad because he was in the room next to me for around 10-12 mins arguing with someone having problems losing the weight after her surgery. This left a really bad feeling about everything, the other thing is he charges an additional $600 for his services and no explanation given as to the charges to get reimbursed from my medical insurance, possibly because its double billing. If there are additional charges he should be able to state what they are for.