Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Phillip G Apprill
Dr. Phillip G Apprill, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with another office in Fenton, MO. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Apprill is affiliated with SSM St. Marys Hospital - St. Louis. He speaks English.
Dr. Phillip G Apprill has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Cardiovascular Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I saw Dr Apprill a few years ago in the hospital. His bedside manners was the first thing that impressed me (I am not very tolerant of so called "top docs" who have no personal skills). I felt that he was very knowledgable in his field and took plenty time with me to be sure I understood what was going on.
I can not think of anything he could improve on. I had a heart attack (right ventricle). He attempted a stent but the blockage was at the wall of the right ventricle. He was reassuring, fully explained what he had done, saw me everyday in the hospital, was very informative both there and in the follow up office appointment. I recommend him highly.
My mom was suppose to have a procedure with another doctor and did her pre procedure exam. EKG showed abnormalities. Dr. Apprill needed to review and clear my mom for procedure... He NEVER CALLED. meanwhile, my mother was off her coumadin for 5 days. For a heart specialist, you'd think he'd know this is not good for her.. The reason that was given to my mom was that they are making changes in the office. She couldn't get an appointment until completed. Well hello, a phone call explaining would have been nice! By the way, the procedure she was suppose to have was to clean out a clogged artery in her neck! Thanks for nothing Dr. Apprill! If something happens to my mom I will be blaming you!
Dr. Apprill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Phillip G Apprill accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Phillip G Apprill in this video.
Dr. Phillip G Apprill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.