Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phillip E Balfanz has the following 2 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
After I was court-ordered into a mental health "crisis center," he was in tune enough to realize that I had a medication problem and wasn't allegedly suicidal. One of the psychiatrists that he worked with had over-medicated me when all I needed was a few days with a simple anti-depressant. All I have is plain, old depression and the other Dr. had prescribed medication that also treated bipolar condition and seizures. Dr. Balfanz recognized this and had me out in 24 hours without a court-ordered release. Dr. Balfanz is incredibly good in assessing various medications and their reactions with each other.
11 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Phillip E Balfanz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Phillip E Balfanz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kerrville, TX.